Thursday, June 17, 2010

Storytime Live

Today we went down to the Palace Theater and saw Nickelodeon's  Storytime Live where Adam got to see Kai Lan, the Wonder Pets, the Backyagains, and Dora (oh, and Moose and Zee, too).  We were in Row B - right up close!  It was no Yo Gabba Live but Adam seemed to enjoy it.  His favorite part was at the end when a bunch of the characters came out on stage and sang "Shout".   Adam and a bunch of other kids started dancing in front of the stage.  It was soo cute!

This week I have been trying the "Sneaky Chef" recipes trying to get Adam to eat some veggies.  I swear he hasn't eaten a veggie since he stopped eating baby food.  So far the only thing that has worked is putting the "orange puree" (sweet potatoes and carrots) into his mac and cheese.  He didn't want any meatloaf even when I said that's all I was cooking - that he had to eat what we eat (which turned into try one bite of meatloaf or a spoonful of orange stuff and we'll make you the dang chicken nuggets).  Tonight I put the meatloaf in spaghetti sauce (which had orange and green puree) and made a loaf of bread using the green puree(spinach, broccoli, and peas).  He ate a piece of bread and 2 noodles. Tomorrow I may try the chocolate chip cookie recipe that has white bean puree in it.  I'm sure he'll eat those!  After this, I think I'll stick with just giving him his multivitamin and hope someday he'll like at least one vegetable. The recipes are not all that quick and it's really hard to cook when Adam starts screaming and throwing stuff at me when I'm not paying all my attention to him...

No comments:

Post a Comment