Friday, September 17, 2010
1st Day of School
Adam was very excited to go to school this morning! He finished his breakfast and said "Let's go!" I tried to explain that we still had 45 minutes until we needed to be there but we still ended up leaving about 15 minutes early. We wasted a little time checking out the bathroom and taking pictures outside.
We parents got to stay for about 45 minutes while the kids played, did a craft, and had snack time. We were the snack-bringers. I wanted something creative to go with the Teddy Bear Picnic theme of the day. My original idea of making bread in a jellyroll pan (thin) and cutting it out with bear-shaped cutters didn't work because I didn't have enough batter. I ended up making banana bread muffins and gluing a chocolate Teddy Graham on top with icing (thanks Mom!). I actually made some apple-carrot muffins first but they looked too healthy and I was afraid the kids wouldn't touch them. Anyway...one of the other mom's said I was setting the bar a little high for the rest of them or something like that. Oh, well! I'll bring Goldfish next time!
Adam's craft project was a picture of a Teddy Bear that they had to color and glue on pom-pom noses and googly eyes. They had different colored pom-poms and eyes for the kids to choose. Adam chose yellow everything..."like Winnie the Pooh." I thought that was really cute!
Parents left after snack. Adam was ignoring me at first, absorbed with all the toys in the room, while I was trying to say goodbye. Finally he started following me but decided to yell at a sleeping baby and then rock it's car seat really hard on the way to the door. Part of me was mad at him and part of me was mad at the parent for just leaving their baby in the middle of the floor like that. I left and I could hear the teacher by the door trying to distract Adam.
Pick-up time was 12:00. I was running a little late because I thought Dave was coming with but he had gotten a phone call. I got there with a couple minutes to spare but parking is across the street and the light takes FOREVER to change. Luckily, Adam wasn't the only one still there. :) The teachers said he did really well and even helped pick up other kid's carpet squares. Adam said that they went to the gym and played basketball, sang songs about teddy bears, the teachers blew bubbles, and he knocked some kids over. He said he had fun!
Another big thing for him today is that he finally figured out how to ride his big wheel!! He no longer pedals backwards! We did a test drive around the block and then he said he wanted to ride all the way to the park. The park is a straight shot down County Line but it's about a mile to get there. Well..he did it! It took a long time with all the steering into the grass but he did it! He played a little while on the slides and then wanted to swing. He was totally beginning to zone out so I called Dave to come pick us up. When he saw Dave he ran to him..and became very awake again! We managed to get the overly tired crazy man to sleep just after 8! Whew!!
Next week - the beach with my parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment