Friday, October 15, 2010
The "pink" park
The other day, Adam wanted to go to the park. I asked which one since there are 4 within walking distance and 1 "new one" we have to drive to. He said the "pink one" that has monkey bars and things you ride on. I assumed it was the new one. He said "No, it's across from the other one!" I have no idea what that means! I still think he means the new one so I grab my keys. He said" no - we walk there - this way - across from the other park". I'm still clueless but start walking with him. We are headed to the park he usually rides his bike to. We get to the path that leads to the park or goes across the street to the bike path and he said - "see, across the street!" Well, the bike path does lead to another park about a mile and a half away. We haven't gone this way since the spring - he was in the stroller and I was walking the dogs. Another one of those "I can't believe he remembered that" moments! There is a quicker/shorter way to get there if I had understood what the pink park with monkey bars had meant. He walked the whole way..about 3 miles from our house. He played for about a half hour before we needed to head back for dinner. He had a hard time walking back home but didn't want me to carry him or give him a piggy-back ride. He got mad at me for picking him up to cross the street and stared at his feet as he walked slowly the rest of the way home. We are definitely getting a stroller at Disney next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment