Saturday, January 28, 2012

Things you don't want to hear...

coming out of your kid's mouth.  Today we were talking about Adam's friend Tyler.  We asked Adam something like, "You like you're friend, Tyler, right?"  He responded, "I do, but I don't".  Do you want to know what he said as the reason for NOT liking Tyler?  "Because he's a different color and has weird hair."  Great.  Our kid is a racist!  We talked about how it was not nice to say that, how Tyler is just as silly and fun as Adam no matter what color his skin or hair is, and how he should never tell someone that.  Digging a little deeper - Adam has a tendency to follow his "friends" around.  I don't know how many times I have heard kids say, "Stop following me!" when we are at the park or Community Center.  So - that is what happens at school with Tyler.  Adam wants to play with Tyler and follows him around and Tyler gets tired of it. THAT'S (I hope) the reason Adam says he doesn't like Tyler.    But you should see these two goofing around in the hallway before school.....

No comments:

Post a Comment