No, we aren't going to replace Adam. I have started the search for a new dog. Adam and I went to the Fayette County Dog Pound on Monday to meet a little terrier mix named Tidas. Tidas was very interested in a cat that wanders around the pound and in Adam. Adam and Tidas rolled around in the grass and played...until the cat would pop out again, then he would go looking for the cat. I could only imagine him in our house chasing our cats around! Being a pound, they don't do any vetting so you take your chances on adopting a dog from them. I'd hate to bring him home, bring him to the vet, and then have something seriously wrong with him. I liked him (and of course Adam loved him) but he "didn't melt my face off" as Dave says. He knows from Kirby and Mona when I find a dog I want. Unfortunately, Tidas was not it. Adam whined a little but was OK with it.
Wednesday we drove up to the Mansfield pound to see a Boston Terrier named Gumball that had been brought it the previous day. I was going to call before we left but Adam said he wanted to look at all the dogs whether or not Gumball was still there. When we got there, we were told he was still there but that someone had called in the morning to reserve him. I did not realize you could reserve a pound dog - I thought it was a first come, first served thing. The people were actually there in a meet and greet room when we went to just look at him. They said they wanted him and Adam yelled at them. Ha ha! I explained that they were there first and we could see what other dogs were there. Found a white terrier/daschund mix that kind of looked like the RCA dog with it's black ears. He was cute, but still not what I'm looking for.
Today we went to the Eaton PetSmart to meet what was labeled as a 3 mos. old boxer or pit mix named Amity. From her picture, she looked like a white boxer puppy. When we got there, she was more terrier looking. I guess the rescue was told she is a "pocket pit" and will only be about 20 lbs. She was a lunging nipper and nearly bit my lip. ALL puppy! She thought Adam was a puppy and was all over him. Cute but still not melting my face....
Soo...I am watching all the rescues and waiting for that "one". They have all been great with Adam but have not really clicked with me. If you see any Boston Terriers or smaller Boxers for adoption, let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment