Saturday, September 29, 2012

Smart Kid!

A couple of weeks ago, Adam got to spend the night over at Aunt Brelle and Uncle Stefan's house while I got to spend the evening at my 20th high school reunion.  As I was unpacking his backpack, I found a rock (well, actually I wasn't sure what it was at first because it didn't look like your usual rock).  I asked Adam if someone had given it to him.  He said, no, that he snuck it into his backpack!  I told him that that was stealing and we had to tell Aunt Brelle and find out (what and) whose it was.  I sent Brelle a picture and asked if it was something important because from Adam's initial description, it sounded like it was from a warmer or something. I later got out of him where he found it and Brelle figured out that it was part of Evan's rock collection.  Adam asked if he could keep it.  I said, no - you stole that - but asked anyway because you never know, ya know?  Nope- Evan wanted it back.  I was going to bring it to the going away party for Alex but had put it out of Adam's view (and mine) so I forgot it...and kept forgetting it.  That is, until I got a reminder from Stefan last night. So I put it in my purse and got out a card for Adam to write an apology for his thieving ways.

This morning I told Adam we needed to drop off the rock and he should write that he's sorry.  I left the card on the table and went upstairs to go get dressed, thinking Adam would just eat some breakfast.   When I came back down, Adam was writing in the card.  I was all like, "Nooo!  Waaaiit!"  and then I looked at what he had done.  He had run upstairs and grabbed the "SORRY!" board game  and wrote SORRY all fancy in the card!!  How smart was that?!! 

The picture he drew was kind of funny.  It started off as his usual stick figurish guy.  Then he added big circle hands and feet with 5 fingers/toes each and some hair.  He wanted to add clothes because it was chilly out so he colored on a long sleeve shirt and pants.  Then he covered the big feet with some big brown shoes and the hair with a big blue hat.  That's probably the first fully clothed guy he's drawn!  Usually he just draws a belly-button.  Ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment