Wow!! Well, Adam spent most of his summer at school. CA has some amazing camps and Adam wanted to sign up for every week. He mostly did science-type camps but his favorite week was called Ancient Survival. They learned about how Native Americans lived and spent a lot of time in the woods around the school. The last day of camp they went on a field trip to Flint Ridge Park. Adam enjoyed learning how to use a flint drill and spending all his money in the gift shop. :) Last week we went to COSI (and I agree, the old one was much better), mini golf, and the zoo/Jungle Jack's landing. I think if given the chance, Adam would play Minecraft or watch Minecraft videos all day and call it a great summer break! Ugh! At least I was able to teach him how to ride his bike.
Yesterday our neighborhood had a picnic. The first one in the 11 years we have lived here! We found out we have a lot of older neighbors with a sprinkling of us younger ones. We finally got to meet the one's whose Junior rides the bus to CA with Adam. I had contacted her earlier in the day to see if they had received the bus schedule yet. (No). Adam ended up playing with her younger son and a couple of the other neighborhood kids we sometimes see out. I was like - Yeah, that's what a neighborhood should look like! A bunch of kids running around together! Our new home association secretary (or maybe he's president) is planning a "progressive dinner" next. Something about having appetizers at one house, salad at another, main at another, then all meet up at the last house for dessert. Hmmm.....won't be our house. ;)
I just got an email from our fellow CA neighbor. She emailed Westerville City Schools Dept. of Logistics/Transportation today (I did last week and didn't get a response at all). She said they called her tonight to say the boys will be picked up at 6:48 am on Wednesday!! 10 minutes earlier than last year! Her son was always running for the bus in the morning so I hope he makes it. One of her other sons is starting there this year so maybe he'll help get him going. :)
2 more days left of summer. I'm hoping the weather holds out because I would like to take Adam to the Olentangy Caverns (I've never been) and maybe back to Young's Dairy or Clifton Gorge/Glen Helen.
No comments:
Post a Comment