Today he was watching the classic Superman cartoons again (another day of screaming at him so I needed a break). I went to clean up the kitchen and when I came back to sit with him, he had a little piece of material sticking out of the collar of his shirt. I asked him what it was and he turned around for me. I pulled it out and it was the little Mr. Potato Head Darth Vader cape! He wanted a cape like Superman and that was the closest thing around!
I tried to get some video of his new rainbow song "I Have a Rainbow" (sung to the tune of "nanny nanny boo") . Here's a little bit but he hates the camera lately so if he sees me with it, he usually stops or yells at me to turn it off.
The past couple of nights we have been trying to get Adam to go to sleep by himself. Ever since we moved him into his toddler bed, one of us (usually me) stays in his room until he falls asleep. I have been trying to sit just outside his door so he knows I'm still right there but he wants me to come lay on "my" bed. Well, he has this fear of ghosts that we try to use to our advantage sometimes. I tried it first when I wanted to get rid of his bottles - the ghosts took them. He was fine with that. More recently, the ghosts took his little froggy potty. Sooo, I told him if he didn't go to sleep, I was going to call the ghosts to come from their castle. He faked snored for a couple of minutes and fell asleep. It worked for 2 nights. I tried it this morning when he came in our room at 6:30. All I got was some really loud and fast fake snoring. Tonight, we got a lot of scared crying and wanting to keep the lights on so Dave had to go sit with him. Guess I need to find a new tactic...

The ghost thing is pretty funny. We let Daniela fall asleep with her light on. When we go to bed we turn it off. I feel like there is no harm in that if it gets her to go to bed on her own.
ReplyDelete~Cheryl