Last weeks theme (12/3) at Adam's school was "surprises". When I picked him up, he wanted to show me something but it wasn't on his book bag. He went up to his teacher and said "Where's my cool Christmas (actually- he says X-Mas and I don't know why) tree?" and the teacher said "Shhh. Remember it's a surprise for Mommy and Daddy? You'll see it again in a couple of weeks." He actually never talked about it again!
When I went to pick him up this week, Adam was very excited to tell me about his time-outs. His teachers said he is one of the bigger kids in the class and I guess he likes to try to wrestle with one of the smaller boys and he also likes to shove the other kids so the teachers were trying to teach him to keep his hands to himself and put him in a time-out. He threw a tantrum...and a chair! Grrreat! I'd like to blame it on the Community Center but I also know my temper so who knows? After the teachers let him out, he was very excited to show me his super cool Christmas tree finally. Here it is on our tree:
 |
| Cool Christmas Tree |
I did manage to take him to the "Snowflake Castle" on Thursday. He did not want a snowflake crown but I convinced him to take one home for Dave. He did not want to watch movies (they had a little room playing Thomas the Train movies), he did not want to color or do crafts, and of course no Santa, but he did want to watch the trains. They had a nice little set up where the kids could watch all the trains go 'round and 'round. The only other thing he really liked was a blow up snow globe. They had an area where the seniors were selling their crafts and you had to walk through it to get your coats. There was a gentleman wearing a Santa hat at the entrance of that area and Adam was hiding his face and trying to get by him. The guy kind of grabbed Adam and gave him a tickle - he might have even said boo - and Adam screamed and ran. Then one of the ladies saw him and said boo to him. Old people trying to scare my kid - that's not right! But all was forgiven after I got him a $1 baggie of cookies and we left.
 |
| Trains |
 |
| Snow globe |
No comments:
Post a Comment