We have been having a HECK of a time getting Adam to listen and to stay in his bed at night. I don't know how I still have a voice some days because I am always yelling. Time-outs don't work because I can't even get him to stay on a chair, bench, whatever. He'll run around so I can't catch him and then when I do, I sit him down and he'll pop right back up and try to run away. I have to stand and block him or hold him on it and that seems to defeat the purpose. We've tried putting him in his room but we have to stand and hold the door closed. I just want to be able to walk away for a minute. Spankings evoke an "OW" but don't really do any good. Anytime I tell him NOT to do something, he HAS to do it. Today, he poked his finger through the package of meat I was going to buy. I said "make sure you don't put your fingers in your mouth" on the way to the bathroom to wash his hands and guys what he did? Even after washing them, he kept putting them in his mouth! He wanted a cookie from the bakery (since they always have free ones out). I told him he needed to wait until we were finished and show me he could be a good boy and he tried to jump out of the cart. Once I got him out without him injuring himself, he ran over to the bakery and yelled at the workers to get him a cookie (since the container was empty)!
Adam comes in our room pretty much every night. Sometimes I don't hear him and other times I'm just too tired to fight with him and put him back in his room. Now we are really trying to get him to stay in his room. We told him if he stays in bed for 7 nights, we'll take him to Chuck E. Cheese's. Well...he still comes in and we tell him no and remind him about Chuck E. and he says he doesn't like Chuck E., he doesn't like his bed, and there are too many scary shadows in his room. Last night we were able to get him back in bed after a lot of screaming and a couple of books but I had to stay with him until he fell asleep. A couple hours later he was back in our room. Dave slept in the guest room because Adam was coughing like crazy. Last week, Adam was coughing and kicking me so I left and slept in his bed. I thought he would come in with me since he was alone in my bed but he stayed all night. I want my bed back!
No comments:
Post a Comment