Sunday, February 24, 2013

Grounded

Weekends tend to be get out of the house and go shopping days.  Yesterday, Dave and I wanted to run over to Walmart, Target, and the Dollar Store but as usual, Adam wanted to stay home. We bribed him by getting him a slushy on the way there.  We were in Walmart for no more than 2 minutes when Adam took off and disappeared!!  Usually we can see him running off to the toys or hear him giggling or something but he was just gone!  Dave and I circled the area he ran off in and checked in toys a couple of times but still nothing.  I called for him. Nothing.  I am FREAKING out!  Finally, (possibly after I called for him again), a lady comes out of the sheet/comforter aisle and asks if I am looking for Adam.  She said he was hiding on the shelf with the comforters. (At this point I can hear him saying his name or something).  Oh. My. Gosh!!!  Dave takes him to the car while I finish getting what I need.  No one speaks on the way home and he is sent to his room.  He had just gotten his DS back and now it is gone for another 2 weeks.  At dinner, we tried to explain why what he did was wrong.   We asked what he would do if a stranger had tried to take him to their car.  He just doesn't get it. He thinks some karate moves will save him.  We explained that if for whatever reason we get separated at a store again, that he needs to find someone who works there so we can be paged.  

Now, with his DS being taken away again, he acts like he has never been without it his entire life and he doesn't know what to do with himself. He was coloring when I got up this morning. Then he said he was tired of coloring and there was nothing to do.  The boy with a playroom full of toys and Legos who never wants to leave the house.  Summer is going to be, ummm, fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment