Adam came home from school today and proceeded to tell me about his day again. I love that I don't have to try to coax it out of him! He did not do this last year. He remembers every little detail. I got to hear about each little segment of the "Be Safe Around Water" safety film he had to watch for swimming class. He forgot one part but made sure to tell me about it later when he remembered. It was pretty funny but at least I know he was paying attention.
Todays book was "The Frog Principal" but he didn't tell me much about it other than it reminded him of the "Princess and the Frog" we watched this weekend. I asked if someone had to kiss the principal and he was all," NO! Why?" so I guess the only similarity was a frog and a wizard. They got to go to the library today and he checked-out a book called "Duck Soup".
I think his favorite thing today was drama class! (Imagine that! Ha ha!).
Adam said the kids got asked today what their hopes and dreams are for the school year and he said something like "to read as many books as I can". I was shocked to hear him say that because he isn't very fond of trying to read a book by himself so I'm not sure if that means he wants to learn to read, just "read"/look at a bunch of books, or have people read a bunch of books to him. Either way it's kind of funny because one of the questions for our "get to know you" parent/teacher conference form was what are your hopes and dreams for your child this year and I put down "to learn to love to read." Yeah!
Can't wait to hear what "E" day brings tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment