So the day started off with Dave going to Schneiders bakery at 3 am to get Adam some fresh birthday donuts. When Adam got up, he was excited about the donuts but I said he had to have some real food before them. While eating his breakfast, he found that Dave had installed Minecraft on the iPad. No donuts were eaten and off to school Adam went.
I went to school at 11:20 to have lunch with Adam. Talk about a quick lunch! I had to tell Adam to not talk so much because I was afraid he wouldn't have time to eat. I really enjoyed walking him back to his classroom and talking to his classmates. They are adorable! One of them is the son of Jason Singleton, a former OSU basketball player. I was asking him how his football game went on Sunday (his mom said it was his flag football team's Superbowl Sunday so he couldn't go to Adam's party). He said they did good and they won and, 'Do you know my Dad?" Ha ha! I said I recognized the last name (and honestly, I thought dad was a football player. I had to Google him.) Cute! Then another girl heard me say something about a game (referring to the flag football game) and asked if I saw the volleyball game. It was the last of the season! Then she did a cheer she learned. GO VIKES!
When I got home, Dave and I shared some donuts. Then I remembered Adam had wanted the stick one that we ate. Oops! Needless-to-say, when Adam got home from school - the first thing he noticed was his stick donut was gone! He started crying and calling Dave the worst dad ever! We had to explain that we thought he wanted the chocolate iced ones, they aren't very good the day later, and there were other ones left that tasted much better than the stick. Crisis averted!
Adam wanted to play Minecraft instead of opening presents after that. He actually waited until after dinner! The first thing he opened was some Skylanders games for his DS. He was really excited about it and then just wanted to play that for a bit. He eventually opened up his other presents and he got a lot of the Skylanders figures (along with some other things). Dave had gotten a deal on eBay and thought Adam would really like them. Plus, I think they work with the Wii games so if we ever get it for the Wii... Adam got upset AGAIN! He said he got TOO MANY figures! (I think it was along the lines of too many figures when you could have gotten me more things. Ungrateful little.....) Once again, Dave was the worst Dad ever! Never mind the Mario Galaxy Wii game he got, the Mario brothers dvds, the Angry Birds Telepods, a bunch of really big boxes to make a new fort, and several other things he had on his list... He even said at one point it was the best day ever! Dave was pretty upset. He tries so hard!
Sooo...this morning I told Adam that he made Dave pretty sad last night. He said, "I know what will help! I'll give him one of my Imaginex guys!" I said, "No. You'll just give him the Lex Luther he gave you that you said you didn't want." He said, "I'll give him the Millenium Falcon!" "No. You don't like/play with that either. I don't think giving him something you don't want is the answer." Then it was time to eat breakfast. I'll have to work on it more when he gets home.... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment