Adam has been having a hard time staying in his room at night because he has developed a fear of shadows. He usually comes in around 4 am and says there's a shadow on the ceiling then climbs into bed. Umm, no! Last night I let him sleep for about an hour than was able to carry him back to his room without any complaints. I had to cover up the little "on" light on the baby monitor (yes, I still use the baby monitor just in case he gets up without coming in our room first), turn off the night light in the hallway, and make sure the curtain is completely closed so that his room is pitch black. Tonight he wanted his door completely shut so that no light from the play room could filter in.
Even during the day when he sees a shadow on the wall, he freaks out a little. Sometimes he says it's a ghost and sometimes he just says there's a scary shadow on the wall so I try to show him what is making it.
I already wrote about his new doctor fear. He's already saying that he doesn't want belly pictures Thursday and he's usually great for those. ( If he cries, there will be too much air in his intestines and the images won't be clear). I reminded him he gets a lollipop for breakfast and was like "oh, yeah" so lets hope that will do it!
On a happy note, we got Adam to eat some "real" food finally! His doctor had asked us last week if we cook separately for him and I quietly said yes - if he wants a PBJ (or mac n cheese, hot dogs, pizza, etc for dinner, he gets it because it is just easier. She said "STOP THAT! He should eat what you eat!" So yesterday I cooked up some chicken, zucchini, and yellow squash in some garlic and olive oil, added a little chicken broth and served it over spaghetti. We told him he had to try it (and he would get a cookie). He refused the chicken and said "blah" to the squash but he really liked the noodles and asked for more (and a turkey dog)! Tonight I made a chicken pot pie. Once again, we said he had to try. He ate a little piece of chicken and said "Mmmm"! We tried the veggies but he spit them out on his plate and said he wanted more chicken! YAY!! Not sure what to do tomorrow when I make chili, 'cause we like it hot and only have chili hot beans and tomatoes with jalepenos already in them....
No comments:
Post a Comment