Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kids are jerks!

The other day after my workout, Adam was playing in the indoor playground at the Community Center.  He was following around a group of boys who were ages 4-6 years old.  They were playing Indiana Jones at the time.  Anytime Adam would catch up to them they would run away and say he was a alligator or a bad guy.  A couple times when they were just kind of standing around trying to figure out what they wanted to play, Adam would try to join in and I saw at least one of them give him a little push away.  Adam thought they were just playing.  He followed them up to the top of the play-thing and one of the kids was just standing there.  It was hard to see but I think he may have been blocking the way to the top and Adam may have pushed him.  Next thing I hear is the kid whining, saying Adam is a bully and he's going to go tell his mom.  Kid slides down the slide crying to his mommy that Adam is a bully.  Adam is close behind, stands there smiling, and says HI!! as the mom quietly talks to her kid.  I walk over saying Adam just wants to play with the big kids.  One of the other mom's was like "absolutely!" (But I think her kid got all mad when Adam looked over his shoulder at a book). Kid is fine and walks back over to his gang and we leave...

Same day....we go over to the "new" park later in the afternoon.  Adam finds a couple of little kids to play with for a while but eventually they had to leave.  He finds another group of a boys and starts following them.  One blocks him from the kid he was following and tells him to stop following them and gives him a little shove away.  Thankfully that mom was right there and explained that Adam just wanted to play and to be nice.  We needed to leave anyway so I tried to have a talk with Adam in the car saying that if he gets shoved again to say "Please don't push me!  I just want to play with you!" and to try to ask kids if they want to play before just following them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment