Monday, July 11, 2011

Piano Sampler

Adam had his first piano sampler.  As always, a group of kids goes in the room and says goodbye while Adam whines for me not to leave.  I left quickly anyway!  The class was an hour long so I brought a book and my iphone to keep me occupied while I waited in the lobby.  (Next time I might go explore the Worthington Mall to see if it's changed any in the past 10 years or so since I've been there last).  We could hear a little bit from the lobby since the classroom was right next to the door.  We heard the kids banging on the piano a couple of times and Miss Popper asking them questions.  At one point I heard, "Adam?Adam?Adam?Adam?Adam?"  (Miss Popper talks VERY fast).   Adam said he was busy looking at the girl sitting next to him and not paying attention.  Ha ha! 

After the hour was up, Miss Popper called us in to the hallway and told us that she was going to take us into the room and tell us what they did today but not to talk to the kids because they were "zipped".  They were not allowed to talk to us until Miss Popper finished talking to us.  It worked pretty well except Adam tried to "mmm mmm mmm!" to me and started banging his folder around a little.  They learned about the black keys on the piano - there are 2 and 3 in a row.  Adam sang a little song about 2 and 3.  They also counted their fingers 1-5 starting at their thumb since that is how they will be taught to play using fingers.   Adam said he had fun but wanted to know if he was going to be allowed to play with the puzzles and toys that were in the room next time.  I don't think so... :)

As an added bonus, I had just strapped Adam in his car sear and was walking around the back of the car when I heard a loud SMASH!  The car in front of us put his car in drive instead of reverse and bumped our car!!  First thing I did was open the door to make sure Adam was OK.  The guy (and wife and kid that was in our class) continued to just sit in his car.  After what felt like forever, he backed up and got out to check for damage.  Luckily the loud smash was his plastic license plate cover getting cracked to pieces and the cars were fine.   Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment