Adam had his first day (well, afternoon actually) of zoo kids camp today. It started at 1:30 and pick-up was at 4:30. At drop-off, the kids were all given an orange zoo kids t-shirt and a button with their name on it. Everyone was to wear their shirt to make it easier for the teachers to keep track of them but Adam didn't want to wear it. After a little coaxing and him seeing ALL the other kids changing into the orange shirts, he decided to wear his too. But...he wouldn't let me leave. Anytime I tried to run out the door, he screamed and started crying. Ugghh! It's not like I've never left him before. None of the other kids were upset. Finally, one of the teachers distracted him enough for me to run and then they shut the door so he couldn't run after me. I waited in the hallway a couple minutes while a some parents were still going in and out and once I didn't hear him crying anymore, I left.
Pick-up time was full of smiles. The teacher said they got Adam to go look at the spider in the room again and compared it to the spider (man) on his socks. Then he was fine. Adam said that the reason he was soo upset at drop-off was because he had never been to that classroom before and he was scared. He said next week he will be fine. The lesson today was about eyes - how the can be located on top, on the side, or on the front of the head, how some animals can see really well, etc. They got to walk around North America and see the eagles, cougars, bears, otters, and wolves. Then they got a snack and a visit from a hissing cockroach that they all got to touch. They also made an owl puppet that they colored and glued to a paper bag. Adam said his favorite part was coloring. Ha ha!!
Monday starts his piano sampler class for 6 weeks. Hopefully he won't have a melt-down for that but I believe I have to stay there for that one since it is only an hour long. Plus, I want to see how they run a group class of preschoolers. It should be entertaining! In August he is going to gymnastics camp for a week. Then school starts!
No comments:
Post a Comment