Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gymnastics camp (and piano class, too)!

Today is Day #2 for gymnastics camp at Buckeye Gymnastics and Adam is LOVING it!!  He was ready to go when he woke up this morning.  He sang a little song on the drive there.  "Gymnastics! Bay-buh!!" (as in baby).  He tries to tell me everything they did as we walk out of the building when I pick him up.  One of the other teachers said he was hilarious today and she loved watching him.  There are only 5 kids - 4 girls and him.   I guess I should see about signing him up for classes this Fall.

Yesterday he had gymnastics camp AND piano lessons.  We got stuck in traffic on the way to piano and he was soo worried that he was going to be late and miss something. We got there at 6:02 - not too bad! I thought for sure he would fall asleep on the way home but no such luck.  He's sticking to his 9:30.  Ughh!

Last week at piano, the parents got to go to a meeting with the director of the Conservatory.  I already liked them but some of his points about how they teach sealed it for me.  I asked Adam if he wanted to continue in a Sampler class like he's doing (with about 7 other kids), a smaller class with maybe 2 other kids, or private lessons with just him and a teacher.  He said he wanted just him and the teacher because the other kids get too loud and he can't hear Ms. Popper.  Good choice!!  In order to take lessons, we needed a piano.  On a list of places to get pianos there was someone called Pianoman John.  Sounded interesting so  I checked out his site and was shocked at the prices.  Graves and Henderson were selling used for at least $1500-2000.  Pianoman John  - $295 - $900.  Soooo.....we got a nice used Baldwin Henderson piano today!!   He's going to let it get acclimated and come back next week to tune it.  While John was telling us the best way to clean it, Adam went and got some paper towel and started wiping it all off.   After John left and we had some dinner (and when Adam should have been going to bed) Adam was so excited to have a piano just like class that he got his folder of "music" and went through all his lessons from the past 5 weeks.  So cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment