Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Parent Orientation

Dave and I went to the parent orientation at Central College preschool yesterday.  It was pretty, well, boring.  It was a group orientation for an hour where they went over the handbook and a couple handouts they like.  Then we went to our kids classrooms to meet the teachers.  Adam's teachers seem very nice.  One is bilingual in Spanish so she will teach them their basic numbers, colors, and random words in Spanish.  The interesting thing was that they had a sheet to sign when we got in that asked if our child was going to be going to kindergarten next year - lots of parents checked "yes" .  Then someone asked if we should put extra clothes in their bags just in case and they said at this age, rarely are there any accidents and there are extra clothes in the office if needed.  They said most of the kids are 4 years old with several turning 5 this year.  What??  Is Adam going to be the youngest in the class??  I will be asking tomorrow when we head back over for him to meet his teachers.  I don't mind because I think he'll keep up academically.  It's just that other kids can make such a big deal out of age.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment