Adam got to meet Mrs. Morales and Mrs. Heckathorn and hang out in his classroom for a little bit today. He did his whole shy act when we got to the doorway of his classroom. He wanted us to pick him up and when we didn't, he hung onto and tried to hide behind Dave's leg. The teachers had a little scavenger hunt to get the kids acquainted with the classroom. Adam finished that pretty quickly and then headed over to the play kitchen to microwave some stuff. Ha ha! I think the most interesting part is that despite some of the girls playing in the kitchen and general area, none of the kids really interacted with each other. Adam didn't do his usual, "Hi! What's your name? How old are you? Oh, Hi ______! My name is Adam. I am 3! Wanna play?" He just reached around the girls for whatever he wanted. He actually made one girl cry because he wanted to play with this scale thing that was set up on the science table that she ans another girl were playing with..but then I saw her crying a lot through the half hour we were there... I didn't see a lot of boys.
When we told Adam we needed to leave, he just ran out of the classroom, out the door, to the car. He didn't even say goodbye to the teachers. We asked him if he liked it and he said yes so hopefully Tuesday will be an easy drop-off. He said that when he first met Mrs. Heckathorn, he thought she was a little creepy. Ha ha!! (She's not, by the way.) We said that she was very nice and he said " I KNOW that!"
We talked to Mrs. Morales about the age thing and she said that there are some younger 4's (like Adam) and some that will be turning 5 towards the end of the year. That's just the age range they accept into the class or something like that but he'll be fine. And for Dave - no, Adam cannot go to kindergarten next year!
On a completely, non-Adam related note...for those following my gluten free stuff - my doctor ran some gliadin antibody tests (IgG and IgA) when he was running my thyroid labs last week. Gliadin is a protein found in gluten and the antibodies would come back positive when there is some sort of gluten sensitivity and/or celiac disease. I thought he was wasting a test since I had been gluten free for 2-3 months but I read that since it was not longer than 6 months, there would still probably be antibodies. Anyway, a positive result for both would be higher than 11 and mine came back at <3 and 4 soo..... I'm eating normal food again! Hopefully I will gain some weight now that I enjoy what I'm eating! (You don't hear that everyday, do you?)
No comments:
Post a Comment