Thursday, September 22, 2011

A New Chart

Adam has a little chart that he gets a sticker on for each day he practices piano.  The Conservatory of Piano wants the kids to practice 5 days a week so they send the chart and stickers home and when it gets full, they hang it up in the lobby.  It's working pretty well for Adam so I decided to make a new chart for him at home to get him to do some things he doesn't always want to do - brush teeth in the morning, practice piano (so he gets 2 stickers), take a bath, try new foods, go to class and listen (only gets a sticker if he listens), as well as the easy stuff like getting dressed, eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner, picking out books, pjs, etc. 

Tonight he really wanted to get his sticker for "try new foods" but I didn't really have anything new to try.  He started going through the pantry and I saw a can of Spaghetti-Os with meatballs.  He had them a long time ago so we decided that the meatballs would be considered a new food.  He was SO funny!  He ate some noodles and was all "YUM!".  He ate a meatball and said "Mmmmm! Yummy!" but the way he ate it...I'm thinking it wasn't so yummy.  He chewed with his mouth wide open then immediately sucked down some water.  Did it with the next meatball, too.  He ate around the rest and then asked for some more..and said, "Don't forget the meatballs!".  When he was full, the meatballs were still there.  We asked a little later if he actually liked them (knowing he didn't) and he finally said no.  We told him it's OK not to like them...they're kind of creepy...but great job trying them!

His original request for something new was broccoli.  Guess I gotta go back to the store...

No comments:

Post a Comment