Adam loves his gymnastics class! The only problem is, one little girl (I'll call A.) thinks she can do everything and runs from one thing to the next and the teacher is constantly focusing on her telling her to slow down. Then, last week a new girl (I'll call R) joined. Her Dad is one of the instructors at the place and the Mom is a total stage mom who knows everything and yells out things like "Don't touch the floor! You just lost 5 points!!" and is constantly talking throughout ("I should sign her up for soccer. I don't think she's a gymnastics girl....blah, blah, blah.") R kind of wanders around and doesn't pay attention very well (Mom says that this has been her playground for the past 3 years so she's not used to listening) so the instructor is also helping her with everything. Then there's Adam. He has been listening SO well and he's yelling to the teacher, "TEACHER!! Look at me!! Look! I can do it!!" She'll look over briefly but by the time he looks at her she's taking care of the girls and he's back to yelling, "TEACHER!!!". I feel so bad for him. I am going to take a look at the schedule to see if he can change classes when he turns 4 or maybe move him to the Friday class if there's room.
Adam is moving along with his piano lessons. He started learning about quarter and half notes today!! Mr. S. says he's doing great and catching on really fast.
I would speak to the owners. Honestly let them know that your son isn't getting anything out of the class. Maybe the instructors kids shouldn't be in there with if they can't sit still. Tell them for all the money you pay you will find somewhere else that will actually pay attention to Adam. Don't threaten and yell, just state it as a fact.
ReplyDeleteThat is not fair!
~Cheryl