Saturday, September 21, 2013

1st Academy birthday party

Adam went to his friend Will's birthday party today.  10am-2pm!  Captain pirate Will had a balloon guy and a face painter, a huge playroom, and (once the rain stopped) a big driveway and nice playground in the back to play on.  Adam REALLY wanted to give Will something (it was a "no gifts please" party) so we brought him a card and Dave drew in and signed a SpongeBob book.  At cake time, Adam really wanted to give Will his card.  I tried to explain that Will would look at the stuff later but Adam found where Will's mom put it and ran to give it to him.  Will made Adam open the envelope for him and then briefly glanced at the card and handed it back - he was busy playing. Adam was a little disappointed but I explained again that this was party time and he seemed OK with it.  A little earlier Will's dad came up to me and said Will had told them that Will had said some not-so-nice-things to Adam the day before.  (Adam had told me that Will said he wasn't invited to the party. When Adam said he got an invitation, Will said it was from a different kid named Will.  I'm assuming this is what his Dad was referring to.)  I told him Adam talks about Will all the time but I lied and said Adam didn't say anything bad happened.  Well, he apologized and said they had a talk with Will about being a good friend, etc, etc and we agreed it was just Kindergartners being Kindergartners.  Later - we were leaving and I told Adam to say goodbye and thank you to Will's mom.  She said you're welcome and then Adam started spewing everything to her - "Will likes to push me and say mean things to me.  I think Will's a bully! ..."   Good for him for having the courage to tell Will's mom when I tried to cover for him with his dad!   She told him she would talk to Will and if he is ever mean again, to tell him his mom said to knock it off.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment