Thursday, September 5, 2013

A funny from yesterday

Yesterday was swim class day for Adam.  He was very excited because they actually got to go in the water!  I guess they practiced getting in and out of the water and had a chance to jump in the deep end if they wanted (which he didn't). The funny part was, he said "Before all that, we had to go to the locker room to change into our swim suits.  It was SO embarrassing!  Everyone's weinerschnitzels were hanging out!!".  Ha ha haa!!  Get used to it buddy.  You have many more years of awkward locker room time.  :)

I forgot to post about the parent/teacher conference last week.  It went well.  The teachers had already noticed Adam get frustrated a couple of times and were able to step in before a meltdown.  They also noticed issues with his speech and then saw it on the form I had filled out so I should be hearing from the speech teacher soon.  (Adam may have been given something to bring home but he has left his folder in his cubby the past 2 days).  They noticed that he likes music.  Pretty good for only having him in class over a week!  They are able to pay better attention to the kids since there are only 13 in the class.  Mrs. Terwin said Adam is a great eater at lunch.  She said he has to take one of everything (his decision) before he even starts to eat.  I thought that was pretty funny since he'll just look at something I make and says no before even trying it.  That was about it for the conference. {Side note - Today's lunch was chicken fajitas.  Adam said he put everything but chicken on his tortilla today, including the green beans!  Apparently there was tomato in it because there was a big red stain on his pants that he said was from tomato falling out at lunch.  Good for him for trying!  At first I thought it was blood because he said he ran into the fence at bonus recess and got a bloody nose.  Glad it wasn't!} 

I posted on FB yesterday about his awesome bus driver!  Today she got him home at 3:45 (!) AND instead of turning on our street and having him cross in front of the bus like usual, she turned on the next street over so she could pull up in front of our house with the door on our side of the street so he didn't have to worry about crossing!  Love her!



No comments:

Post a Comment