Friday, February 4, 2011
Consistency
It seems we are turning a corner in the battle of bedtime and beds! Adam has been going to sleep by himself all week and has been STAYING in bed all night! We finally put our foot down Monday night when he was being really crazy at bedtime. No more mommy and daddy in bed! I sat outside his door and he pretty much stayed in his bed and played for a while before falling asleep. At some point he turned his light on and slept with it on the rest of the night. Now we just leave it on since he says it keeps the scary shadows away. Last night I tried to venture into my bedroom only to have him call me into his room to show me that he took EVERYTHING off his bed. After putting the many layers of his bed back on and a little more jumping on the bed (the reason he thought he needed to take everything off), he fell asleep. Tonight I started outside his door but he started throwing stuffed animals at me so I moved to the playroom. Hopefully next week I can venture downstairs! He knows he only has a couple more nights of staying in bed before he gets to go to Chuck E. Cheese but hopefully the pattern will be set and he will continue to stay in bed after his reward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment