Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We have a winner!!

I know you are probably getting tired of the preschool dilemma - I know I am!  Well, we have found our preschool!  Adam and I went on a tour to Central College Preschool today.  We toured with one other mom and her 4 year old daughter.  We got to look at an empty classroom in which Adam found the potty and had to try it out.  Then, we got to check out some classes in session.  Adam walked right in and started playing right along with the other kids.  All the rooms are big and bright and each has a different "sensory table" - a storage box full of sand with buried stuff in it in one room, cedar chips in another,  soapy water in one, magnet bars with nuts and bolts, dried corn, etc.  Adam thought those were all really cool!  The school has a "muscle room" in the basement that has some play equipment, tricycles, cars, blocks, and toys that they can play in when the weather is bad. There is a cool newer playground outside when the weather is good. It even has a little path they can ride trikes on and through a little house.  They have a full size gym with a gym teacher on staff and a music room with a music teacher in another part of the basement.  The class ratio is 2:16.  They are a "Step Up to Quality" rated program.  All the kids in class and in the stay-and-play program looked like they were having a good time learning.  As I said before, the location isn't the best, but Adam was really interested, the times are good, the price is good, and they have been around for 40 years - they must be doing something right!  Registration is in the mail!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I knew you'd love that school! My kids would totally be going there if there weren't a preschool 1 mile from my house!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete